The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
2. Which Personal Data do we Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information as a result of using our site:
- Information about you, including your name, your mobile, your address, how you found out about us and any other personal data you may share using the ‘contact us’ form on our website.
- Information about you, including your name, email address, mobile, address, how you found out about us and any other personal data you may choose to send to us by using the published email address(s) available on our website.
3. Our Uses of Your Personal Data
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications in response to your initial enquiry.
- Send you a newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business, which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you in relation to our services.
- We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- We may share some basic personal information to approved 3rd parties, by consent only and where there is a direct business interest in relation to the inquiries made to Red Earth Equestrian Centre
4. Legal Basis for Processing
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognize you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, and selecting Block all cookies using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites including sites operated by Red Earth Equestrian Centre.
Red Earth Equestrian Centre use analytical data to store information about how visitors use our website or client portals, so that we may make improvements and give visitors a better user experience.
Analytics are a third-party information storage system that records information about the pages you visit, the length of time you were on specific pages and the website in general, how you arrived at the site and what you clicked on when you were there. These cookies do not store any personal information about you, eg. name, address etc. We do not share the data.
7. IP Address
An IP address is a unique numerical address assigned to a computer as it logs on to the internet. Your IP address may be logged when visiting our site, but any use of analytic software will only use this information to track how many visitors we have from particular regions. Red Earth Equestrian Centre will not store or retain details relating to an IP address.
Red Earth Equestrian Centre will only send you email notifications which you have specifically requested or required to alert you to important business documents.
We will only send to you a newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
10. Security of Your Personal Information
- We will take reasonable, technical, commercially viable and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
11. Retention Of Data
We are governed by the certain obligations under UK Law to retain certain types of business and personal data. Where data falls outside this category, we have processes in place to archive and destroy data. We will only keep your data as long as required to deal with an enquiry from using our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
12. Your Rights
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, you have a number of legal rights in relation to the processing of your personal data, including:
- A right to obtain information: You have the right to request information about how we process your personal data.
- A right of access: You have the right to request access to, or a copy of, the personal data we process about you.
- A right of rectification: You have the right to request that we correct or supplement inaccurate or incomplete personal data we process about you.
- A right of erasure: You have the right to request that we delete personal data about you.
- A right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data, so that we can store such data but not further process it.
- A right to data portability: You have the right to request that we provide the personal data which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from Red Earth Equestrian Centre .
- A right to object to processing: You have the right to request that we stop processing personal data about you by writing to the address detailed below in ‘contact us’.
- A right to revoke your consent: When our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke such consent at any time.
- The right to file a complaint: You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority. You can do so by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico.org.uk).
13. Third Party Websites
The company website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
14. Use of the Website by Children
We do not intend to collect data from children or, in general, from individuals who are under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you must not provide personal data through our website.
15. Contact Us
Red Earth Equestrian Centre
Red Earth Farm
Plantation Road, Turton, Bolton
Lancashire, BL7 0DD